A Few of My Favorite Things

Today...reading The Big Picture, by Stacy Julian, one of the assignments required that I list some of my "favorite" things. Her point was that these items tell a lot about who we are and what is important to us...and perhaps are good things to scrapbook. I like the concept. So here are a few of my favorite things (not sung as in the Sound of Music or even rhyming):


  • Blue glass bottles -- because I like the way light looks shining through them in a window.
  • Lavender scented candles, body wash and lotion -- they remind me of a trip to France when the lavender was in bloom
  • Cinnamon hard candies -- my best friend in first grade and I would bring them to share with each other during recess.
  • Lemon Verbena soap -- my grandmother (I called her Jammy Jane) smelled just like this and she was my favorite person in the whole world.
  • Christmas -- I love the white lights, the music, the decorations and the smells of Christmas -- not to mention getting gifts for people I love. I also love the story of Jesus birth -- and want to hear it over and over.
  • Big fluffy white towels...warmed in the winter.
  • The color blue
  • Sitting in front of a fire reading a book while it is gray and rainy outside.
  • Listening to Dan Fogelburg or Mary Chapin Carpenter while scrapbooking
  • Walking barefoot on closely trimmed grass
  • The sound of the ocean (duh...I am in Hawaii)
  • Puppy breath
  • Waking up on Saturday and realizing that I can sleep a few more minutes if I want to.
  • Vintage Nancy Drew Books
  • A good hair clip to keep my hair up off my neck
  • Antique stores
  • And now....CROCs. I bought two pair to bring to Hawaii with me...one flip flops and the other just the normal ones....and I LOVE them...I want to wear them all the time.

So -- I took a picture of them today so that I could be one step ahead of the game on my "Favorite Things" mini album I have decided to do. Looking back over my list -- I realize these things do tell a lot about me...and are worthy of scrapbooking. Ask me -- and I will tell you what I learned...or you can wait and see the album...your choice!

Love you guys....

Comments

  1. Dan and Mary Chapin!
    Now I know another reason I love having you as my friend!
    I love the picture of the crocs.
    Yes, I must have some.
    Bill is away...
    Maybe Jonathan and I will go shopping!
    I think I must read Stacy's book.
    (Yes I have it - still sitting on my cluttered table...sorry Tracie)!
    Great talking to you last night!
    Enjoy and RELAX!!!!
    Miss you!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are digging Stacy as much as I do! Yay!!

    I love your list! Fun, fun, fun. I'm doing a mini-album (one of these days) called Simple Pleasures. Kind of a long the same line as your list.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I love the idea of your favorite things album.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series