**OLW** Seek Joy In Simple Things


I decided to make a mini-album to collect all of my "one little word" challenges. Each word has its own significance...but taken together they are almost like a self portrait...something to look back on and reflect why these word had particular importance to me at the time. I had this delicious little acrylic mini-book just waiting for some sort of cleverness -- and when I saw the iridescent Hambly with leaves -- I knew I just had to use it. I cut it to fit behind the piece of acrylic and then backed that with another transparency of word definitions. A few letter tiles and some rub-ons were added to the front for titling. I attache3d the paper and transparency to the acrylic board with copper foil tape (used for edging stained glass prior to soldering).

The word this week was *SEEK*. I have been working on taking joy in simple things...not letting important moments go by because they are not HUGE and attention getting...those are some of the very best memories. My journaling is just to remind me that the sound of rain, a crackling fire, a walk in the park or spending time with a loved one doing "nothing special" are indeed special moments of joy -- and I should seek them out.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"