It's not good...

Not good at all when a whole month goes by between postings!~ What could I have possibly been doing rather than blogging? Hmmmm.....let's see. I have been traveling quite a bit...Dallas, Philadelphia, Houston and Kansas City. We taped our 33rd episode of What You Make It. (can you believe it? I still am amazed that we done that many)




I promise more in the next few days...but thought I would share a few projects I have been working on lately
.
These busts are from the challenge that Holly Wood and I did. We found these vintage department store busts...and decided to see what we could come up with -- mine is the one on the left (hers on the right). It was a fun challenge. Mine is called TRUE BEAUTY...based on something my grandmother used to tell me..."Jann -- to be truly beautiful, you need to be as pretty on the inside as you are on the outside." I chose to write my favorite scriptures and quotes and mod podge them to the inside.... The last picture is of some of our silliness during the What You Make It taping Holly and I did with our projects....you can just imagine some of the puns that were flying around....(we were all about to "bust out" laughing constantly).
Several of my projects lately have focused around Weston. He graduated -- and is headed off to college in what seems like just a few short weeks. I did one layout about bits of wisdom I wanted to make sure he knew. The book is an altered book that he and I worked on together for Father's Day -- filled with things that he (Weston) has learned from his Dad. I loved the time we spent together doing this -- and love that he was able to come up with more than 100 things that he attributed directly to his Dad. Some were funny -- some serious -- but all of them show that he feels that his Dad has poured his life into him over the past 18 years. His dad LOVED it...and rarely a day goes by that he doesn't pick it up and read some of it. Us Mom's are kind of allowed to show our mixed emotions when our little chicks begin to leave the nest -- but Dad's think they are supposed to be STRONG...even though they have a hard time seeing them go too. I think this book helps it a little bit.
This final layout is one that just kind of "happened" one night. I was playing with paint (acrylic and alcohol). During one of my recent trips, Weston was there working with me and I found myself relating to him solely as a peer -- not as a parent and it was both a bit of an earth shattering and wonderful moment all tied in together. So I wanted to mark the transition -- from My Boy to This Man!
Ok...I promise not to let it go so long....more later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"