Working With Embossing


For this card, I really wanted the leafy background -- but I also wanted to make sure I had room for the stamped word "passion." First, I stamped the word "passion" with red ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I used clear embossing ink and stamped the background and sprinkled espresso embossing powder. Before I used my heat gun to melt the powder, I took a soft paint brush (soft works much better than stiff) and holding the card upside down, I brushed away the powder that was covering up my previously stamped word. Once I had removed the extra powder, I heated the background. The embossing powder acts as a resist so I could then rub distress ink into the cardstock and stain the paper with various colors to create the multi-hued background.
It sounds like a lot of steps...but it really is very simple...try it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"