Letting your cardstock take Center Stage

You know me...I love the layered page...I love techniques...I love distressing....but every once in a while -- I want to get back to the basics. These two pages were really about letting the cardstock be the basis of the page....and I like how they turned out. They are from two extremes of Weston's life -- but in both -- he clearly knows how to work the camera...


In this first one, I tried to make the Mickey Ears reflect the "REFLECTION" of weston in the pictures.... I think that the red pops off the page a bit more because I outlined the letters....just an idea. If you are using a Cricut, you can use the Cricut Color Markers before you cut out your shapes and they will come out evenly outlined...a time saver and a nice touch.




On this layout, I used one of the Cricut Shapes from the Graphically Speaking cartridge. It is an element that I think was intended as a "foundation" shape for a mini-book...but I resized it to FILL THE PAGE....and I love the rounded edges and all the little holes down the side....very graphical -- and would be fun to also add other colors of paper behind it. The largest I could get it to cut was about 11x11 -- so I could have put it on another piece of patterned paper or cardstock to make it a 12x12 -- but I liked the "see through" element so just kept it as is.




Hope you are having a good week. I would love to see your projects where you let your cardstock take center stage....link them here for us to see.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:38 PM

    both layouts are gorgeous....

    Love love love the Soar page....Simple, yet perfect... I might lift this one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series