Tear It Up




I had so much fun in Houston last weekend visiting one of my best friends, Mona. She has a lovely home -- and three beautiful grown daughters that love to come over and spend time with their mama. I love spending time with them too -- and they brought their absolutely precious kiddos with them. It was beautiful weather (which if you know Houston -- is a rarity due to humidity) and we spent time sitting on the porch talking and laughing...and almost as much time around the kitchen island cooking and talking and laughing. It was just the best few days...so good for my soul. One afternoon I had the opportunity to take a few pictures of the newest member of their family...NASH. With beautiful natural light on the front porch, we just threw some blankets down and started snapping pics. He is so beautiful.
I just had to scrap a few of them -- and will post a few more later this week (gotta get those dreaded taxes done before I can play!). The page above was created by using some scrap KI Lace paper as a mask (the flowers) and spray painting the green cardstock. I then tore it into strips and then sewed them back together and pressed the seams to the front and side. I like how it kind of ended up having a soft worn feel to it. I added few swirly stamps (Autumn Leaves) and some glitter (Art Institute) berries.
Isn't he just beautiful?!?!? Babies just smell so sweet (well -- most of the time!) And he is a "snuggler" so I took full advantage and held him as often as possible. Great memories...I am so blessed to have such a sweet friend -- and love that her daughters have become my friends too.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series