Sometimes More Isn't Better

Can you believe I actually said that?!?!?! LOL If you have followed my blog or watched my YouTube videos, you know that this page is unlike most of my designs. Where's the patterned paper? Where's the paint splatter? Where are the dimensional embellishments? Nowhere to be seen...and yet, this is still one of my FAVORITES.

I actually think the simplicity is what makes it work. The picture of Weston checking his phone for messages was the entire inspiration for the page. The simplicity of the Pepsi logo is what inspired the gentle flourishes that I hand stitched. And because the title needed to be simple too, I just used a very clean font in two sizes (American Craft rubons) to follow the stitched lines. The little bit of journaling that I did do - I simply handwrote it and followed the stitch lines once again.

When I decided to share this page with you, I was reminded that it is a REALLY good thing to sometimes to get outside our creative comfort zones, and try scrapping or crafting in a style TOTALLY different from our norm. I actually can't wait to get back in my studio and try another page that is unlike my regular multi-layered, multi-mediumed style. What style would be the total opposite of your norm? I would love to see what you come up with!

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Girlfriend, this is stunning!!! "Simply" stunning! I love your title for this page. Your hand stitched flourishes are beautiful.

    You never cease to amaze me with the talent you have. So many different ways you express yourself and all of them are fantastic. To spend some time in your creative corner of the world would be my one wish :-)

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:49 AM

    As I'm sure you know I don't know much about scrapbooking. I do know; however, that you are one of the best. I must say though, that whatever you did with this subject matter would have been amazing. Just look at the inspiration. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"