We are sad....

 My very dear friend and co-worker lost her husband yesterday.  He was a young man (remember I think you are still "young" if you are within 5 years of my age...yes it is a sliding window - but I'm ok with that!)  - and full of life and love for his wife, his children, his grandbaby girl and his work.
In fact, he was in the middle of a presentation at work - and collapsed.  Such a shock to everyone - and we will all miss him very much.  Jess played soccer on one of the teams in Spain when he was younger - and I enjoyed learning a lot about the sport during the World Cup - Jess was a very patient teacher (up until I met Jess and Carole - I only had a working knowledge of Football and Baseball and a willingness to watch Basketball with my nephew) - but Jess sucked me into this sport that was totally foreign to me.  I am sure I will be tuning in the next time the World Cup Tournament is being played - although it just won't be as fun since I won't have Jess available to explain the difference between yellow and red cards...and why certain guys on the team can't go past some of the lines on the field!

Jess always had his priorities straight.  He loved God (he was a pastor for many years and then worked to equip and resource pastors around the US). He loved his wife (he would just pop into the office to say hi or to surprise Carole for lunch) - and they were married for more than 30 years. He loved his kids. His eldest is a policeman and is married to a wonderful woman and they have a precious little girl whom Jess adored.  He has two beautiful daughters...and they are a reflection of their Mom and Dad - caring, sweet lovely girls. And then there was the bond between Jess and Buddy...his dog.  Yes - Buddy was clearly Jess's dog.

Jess will be missed. We know that He has gone to spend eternity with his God...and we know we will see him again. But for now - we are sad...we miss him...and there is a Jess shaped hole in our hearts.

I also need to let you know that those of you who have purchased items from my previous blog post that I did not get them packaged up yesterday or today - everything that was on my "to do" list just needed to be set aside so that I could spend time with Carole...love on her and support her in any way that I could.  I am hoping that I can get things packed up and shipped out on Monday or Tuesday.  Thank you for your patience - I appreciate it!

I have been especially reminded over the past couple of days that I want to live every moment of every day as if it might be my last.  I want to tell the people that I love - that I LOVE THEM!  So - dear blog following friends - thank you for hanging out with me - for encouraging me - for challenging and inspiring me.  Know that I love you...and feel blessed to be your friend.

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your friend Jann! He sounds like a great guy.....and looks like the dog did too and we all know they're very good judges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jann so very sorry to hear about the so sad loss of your friend. My thoughts go out to his poor wife and family as well as his dog.

    We all feel blessed to have you as a friend too Jann - you are a warm hearted, generous, enabling, encouraging and inspiring lady in all our lives :)

    Hugs
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick6:41 PM

    I have never had the honor of meeting Mr Fairbanks, however I have been friends with his daughter Sarah for years. They say a true reflection of a parent is through their children. If this is true, which I believe it to be, you can see how amazing he was through his children. Never have a met a woman with greater morals, compassion and drive then with Sarah. Sarah will be the first to give credit to her Mother and Father.

    I know the Fairbanks family has suffered a great loss and my heart goes out to them. Reading this lets me know that his spirit not only lives through his family but through his friends and to lives he has touched. He was a strong man of faith and that lives through his children as well.

    All though I'm German, next World Cup I'll have a special place for Spain in my heart. May his spirit, passion and values live within us. Much love and God Bless,

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my friend, I'm sorry to hear of your loss of a dear friend and teacher of field games. His wife is blessed by your love and compassion during her grief.

    Your friend will remain alive, although missing, each day of your life as you remember him. Speaking of his deeds, personality, and humor allows his love to remain with you and his family.

    You are a loving friend, and I am so glad to call you my friend.

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"