Its Hard To Make A Sympathy Card When You Need One

I found myself needing a card to send to a sweet friend this past weekend - and after digging through my stash of cards, I couldn't find ONE that was appropriate...and I was short on time to make one...but of course, I did.

 I also made a mental note to sit down this week and get several cards made so I wouldn't be in that position again.

Here are the basic cards I came up with....and I actually made about 10 of them in under 30 minutes.


On some of them, I left the sentiment off so that I could add whatever I needed it to say, when I get to the point of sending them.  I used two stamp sets from Papertrey Ink: Simple Sunflowers and Stitches and Swirls to create the single layer backgrounds.  I thought you might want to see the process so I did a video showing how I made each of the basic cards.




Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a good week and if you find yourself without some cards (ready to go), that you will find a bit of inspiration with these.



You can click on each one for a better view!  Have a great weekend!  See you soon!

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:53 PM

    Beautiful cards Jann. I think sympathy cards are the hardest to make too but these are appropriate and lovely.
    Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog. That was quite an adventurous project for me :)And yes we are all well thank you but shall be so glad when we finally sell the house and can settle down again!
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Just watched your video which had many good hints and tips, always learn something new from you :)
    I have been looking for a good white ink and would be very interested in knowing what make you were using please Jann.
    My husband saw the initial part of your video and he commented what nice hands you have and said they were like little birds flitting about :)

    Hugs
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Look at you! I can remember, not that long ago, you said you were challenging yourself to make cards because it was not something you were comfortable with.

    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! These cards are more than that! They are FANTABULOUS :D

    Now I'm going to watch your video.

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been browsing for some nice sympathy card messages or just any words to uplift and comfort people who are downhearted. I felt happy to have found this inspirational page of yours. These words are very nice. Thanks and keep sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series